Their Eyes Were Watching God - Blog #7

Chapters One through Five:

Janie is the talk of the town but Pheoby is a good friend and tries to stick up for her. I think Janie is a strong person for not caring what the town is saying about her because she’s the only one who knows the truth. Nanny seems to be very protective over Janie and I think making her marry Logan Killicks was too much of a rational decision just because she kissed a boy. Nanny and Leafy seemed to have a really bad past and I can understand that Nanny only wants the best for Janie but she seems very "old school" and Janie doesn’t understand. Since there is no connection between Janie and Logan, I can see how she is easily attracted to Joe Starks. Although he has a lot of big dreams, I think Janie doesn’t realize the consequences if things don’t work out between her and Joe or if he's not all that he says to be. I can see that Joe Starks is very self-minded and arrogant when he makes the plans for Eatonville and pays no attention to Janie or her feelings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment