Their Eyes Were Watching God - Blog #9

Chapters 11 through 15:

I think Janie and Tea Cake are really cute together. Even though people tell Janie that Tea Cake is no good, she just ignores them because I can see that she's starting to fall in love with him. She may try to deny it but I think she is just scared to be with another man after the way she's been treated for all those years. Tea Cake on the other hand isn’t afraid to show Janie how much he really loves her. Nobody thinks Tea Cake is good for Janie but she doesn’t care what they think and I think that is very brave of her. I think the reason why Janie gets scared when Tea Cake leaves because she doesn’t want to lose him. I also think the other people in town have scared her into believing that he will leave her and take all her money. I find it surprising that Janie likes the Everglades - but maybe it’s because she finds herself finding more time with Tea Cake there. I can tell that Janie is a very jealous person by the way she handles the situation between Nunkie and Tea Cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment