Chapters 16-20:
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was interesting to follow Janie and see her different relationships with men and finding herself through this long journey. The dramatic scene with the flooding water and the dog attacking Janie was probably my favorite part of the book. I kind of thought they were dumb leaving three days after the storm had started though. They should have used common sense like the rest of the people in the Everglades. Towards the end of the book I really start to feel bad for Tea Cake as his life starts to spiral downward. I felt bad that the men in Palm Beach made him bury the black people without coffins. When Tea Cake starts to go mad because of the rabies is really sad to me. It must have been hard for Janie to see the man she loves go through that kind of suffering and have to end it by shooting him. I wonder why Janie decided to return to Eatonville after Tea Cake died. To me it seemed that Eatonville had so many bad memories for her, so I don’t see why she'd want to go back. If I was her, I would have gone somewhere totally different and started fresh.

0 comments:
Post a Comment